This app is not for emergency purposes - if you are in a crisis, call 911 immediately.
Teletherapy Services for Colleges With and Without Counseling Centers
Broaden access to mental health services without adding staff or space
Give existing counselors a telehealth option for conducting sessions
Students choose a provider from the META network of trained professionals
Mobilize without technology investments and maintain FERPA and HIPAA compliance
Many students who need services are not seeking help.
Top reasons why students chose to not disclose mental health condition(s) to their college.
- Privacy Concerns 53% 53%
- Confidentiality 44% 44%
- Did not want college/faculty to find out 37% 37%
- Did not want friends to find out 33% 33%
- Other 15% 15%
Source: META Student Surveys
META connects students to trained professionals from the privacy of their phone.
How META Works for Students
DOWNLOAD THE FREE APP
Available for iOS/Android. After downloading, students complete the same paperwork they would at a live office.
CHOOSE A PROVIDER
Students filter by specialty and review qualified providers by watching bio videos and connecting via phone or chat.
Students receive counseling when and where they want — and can pay through insurance or out-of-pocket
Supplement College Campus Safety and Emergency Response Plans
META OnDeck includes comprehensive protocols covering mental health services on campus.
- Roles for institution staff including campus security officers, social workers, and administration
- Communication and best-practice messaging during high-demand periods
Post-Incident Student Therapy Support
META OnDeck provides students access to mental health counselors during periods of high demand caused by an incident on campus.
- META’s providers are available within 24 hours of notification and guarantee availability from 8am to 10pm when an institution activates META OnDeck
- Targeted content including videos, articles, and provider feedback are launched in-app for self-service coping messaging
Partner with META to provide teletherapy services to your students.
*Source: Data from the Healthy Minds Network: The Economic Case for Student Health Services (via Kognito white paper)