Grants Available to Pay for Campus Mental Health Services
META Teletherapy provides the best possible mental wellness care for your college students. Our platform provides access to Licensed Mental Health Providers who:
- accept new patients
- respond in less than 6 hours
- provide availability via chat, voice, video, and in-person sessions
- accept insurance
As part of COVID-19 relief, $76.2 billion in Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) were granted to colleges to address urgent student needs.
The Biden administration is recommending these funds be used to:
- Strengthen mental health services and expand access to mental health professionals
- Establish new resources to connect students to care through innovative methods such as 24-hour hotlines and mental health prevention and intervention
- Create programs that will improve mental health awareness on campuses long-term
“The pandemic has exposed students from all ages to trauma, from the loss of loved ones to financial hardships to social isolation and learning disruptions. In discussions with students across the country, they’ve been honest with me: they need better mental health resources on campus.”
– Education Secretary Miguel Cardona on May 19, 2022
ED has provided a FAQ, Using HEERF Institutional Portion Grant Funds, which outlines funding criteria and provides examples of how other institutions have utilized funding.
As a MHECare Student Health Solution, META meets all criteria for HEERF grants and can immediately connect students, faculty, and staff to qualified mental health resources.